Bolt-on Bear Jaw Door Latches for 1947-51 Chevy Truck - Altman Easy Latches
While all of our latches can be locked from the outside using your stock lock cylinders, you can not lock your Altman Easy Latch from the inside by pushing the handle forward.
Are you tired of slamming the doors on your 1947-1951 Chevy Truck?
Are the latches on your classic truck not living up to the other work you've put into your pride and joy?
Face it, most classic truck door latches have been abused over the years and the available options don't offer the quality that your classic or custom Chevy truck deserves. That is where the Altman Easy Latch for 1947-1951 Chevy Trucks comes to the rescue.
The Altman Easy Latch kit is a vehicle specific bolt-on, bear jaw rotary claw latch kit. This kit features contoured jam plates to match the features of your vehicles doors. These are in no way a universal application. Our bear jaw rotary claw latches are each designed to work with the exterior handles, interior handles, and the exterior door lock cylinders of the specified vehicles. Each piece of our bear jaw latches are zinc plated to fight corrosion. Our internal claws are case hardened and black oxide coated. Each kit comes with everything you need for two doors. Latch plates, vehicle specific bear jaw rotary claw latches, templates, hardware, detailed instructions, striker plates, and even stainless steel striker bolts. The Altman Easy Latch kit will have your doors opening and closing smoothly and safely. All of our kits are designed, manufactured, and assembled here in the USA. This particular kit comes with 2 new interior straps that run from your interior handle to your new Altman Easy Latch. Each of our Altman Easy Latch Kits are available for those that wish to use them on a shaved handle application.
- No welding necessary
- Works with exterior handles
- Works with interior handles
- Works with exterior lock cylinders
- Case hardened latch paws
- Stainless steel striker pins
- Everything you need for both doors
- Made in the USA
Check out these related products
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Hi Do you freight to Australia ? Im looking at your Bolt-on Bear Jaw Door Latches for 1947-51 Chevy Truck - Altman Easy Latches , Thank you Cooper
We certainly can ship to you. Just use our checkout on the website, and it will give you the pricing.
1. What is the difference between the 47-51 latch kit compared to the 52-54 latch kit? I have a 49 cab with 52 doors. Which kit should I use? 2. Do you offer a kit that can be welded in? If not, can these bolt on kits be welded in? I notice in the instructions that you have to grind off the nub on the window track. I assume that this is for clearance reasons. If that is the case, is this also the reason you don't offer a weld in kit? I can see that cutting the installation plate (provided in the bolt on kit) down and welding it in flush with the door metal would push the latch further toward the window track by an amount equal to the thickness of the installation plate. Would that cause the latch to contact the window channel? Thank you,
1. The 47-51 Chevy Trucks have turn-down style exterior door handles.
52-54 uses a push button style exterior handle.
You will need a mix match kit for your application. We can help. Give us a call at 1.866.987.4783 M-F 8-5CST
2. We do not offer a separate kit for weld-in applications. You can weld our kit in. We advise that you install it as the instructions state, and then overlap weld the plate. Some people want to cut a hole the size of the plate and then butt-weld it in, while this may work fine, it does move components around a little and may cause alignment issues.
3. You do have to grind that "nub" off the window channel for clearance. It may not be necessary on all applications, but it helps on some.